sanitizer, The European Union agreed to expedite “needed personal protective equipment” to China following a call with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang last week. The EU's Emergency Response Coordination Centre is in contact with all EU Member States to facilitate the delivery, Commissioner for Crisis Management Janez Lenarčič said in a statement Saturday. The U.S. military command in South Korea instituted a 14-day self-quarantine effective Sunday for any troops who recently visited China. United States Forces Korea (USFK) said the overall risk on its personnel remained low – no troops had recently traveled to Chinese provinces most heavily affected by the virus – and the policy was a precaution to ensure military readiness remained up to par, Reuters reported. The command also recommended military family members, Defense Department civilians, contractors and others to voluntarily self-quarantine to minimize the risk of infection. Three additional cases in South Korea were reported Sunday, raising the nationwide total to 15. An additional 87 people were being scanned for possible infection.
sanitizer - On Friday, the Trump administration declared the situation a public health emergency in the U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced that beginning Sunday, U.S. citizens returning from Hubei province will be subject to a 14-day quarantine, while other Americans who traveled elsewhere in China will be instructed to self-monitor for possible symptoms. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP The announcement came after the World Health Organization declared a global health emergency on Thursday. In the same press conference, the Department of Homeland Security announced that starting on Sunday, flights coming to the U.S. from China will be funneled through seven airports that are equipped to screen passengers for symptoms of the virus. Last week, Delta Air Lines and American Airlines suspended flights between the U.S. and China. United Airlines said that it was suspending flights to Beijing, Shanghai and Chengdu, but would continue flying to Hong Kong.
sanitizer, The CDC has confirmed the 7th case of the disease in the US, insight from Dr. Marc Siegel. A 44-year-old Chinese man visiting the Philippines is the first known fatality outside China to be linked to the coronavirus, the World Health Organization said Sunday. The Philippine Department of Health also confirmed the death and said the man’s 38-year-old female companion remained hospitalized with the virus in Manila, The Associated Press reported. The Philippines has enacted a temporary ban on non-Filipino travelers from China and its autonomous regions. Other countries, including the U.S., also have implemented restrictions on foreigners arriving from China in a bid to contain the spread of the virus.
sanitizer - CHINA SLAMS TRUMP'S CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL LIMITS: 'NOT A GESTURE OF GOODWILL' The man who died in the Philippines and his companion were both from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak that has killed more than 300 people and sickened more than 14,000 in China, according to reports. He was admitted to a hospital in Manila on Jan. 25 and developed severe pneumonia soon after, Reuters reported. Both he and the woman arrived in the Philippines after traveling through Hong Kong on Jan. 21, Philippine health officials said.
sanitizer - In recent days the man’s condition had been stable “and showed signs of improvement,” but worsened in the hours leading up to his death, Health Secretary Francisco Duque said. “We are currently working with the Chinese embassy to ensure the dignified management of the remains according to national and international standards to contain the disease,” Duque said, according to Reuters. Duque added that investigators were seeking information about the health of other passengers on the flights that the couple took to reach the Philippines.